How to choose the toe cap for safety shoes correctly?
Soft safety toes are available on the market, but they don't meet the impact and compression requirements that are required for steel, aluminum, and composite toe cap.
Selecting the Right Safety Toe cap
The type of safety toe you need is going to depend on several factors, such as:
- The regulations and laws in the jurisdiction where they will be used
- The standards and rules set by the employer or company where the work is being done, or across the corporation
- Environmental conditions
- The need for features that meet the nature of the work, such as non-metallic toes for airport workers
- Style, fit, comfort, and wearability – Keen Utility shoes offer a larger toe box and asymmetrical design for optimal comfort
- Serviceability, life cycle and wear, maintenance, care, and cleaning
It's also worth consulting manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers. They are a must-use resource for today's safety professional. Tell them about your hazard analysis and the risks to your workers' toes. They'll be able to help you choose the most suitable material